A refrigerator is a household appliances which is used for keeping food, drinks and other edible things cold. Also, people use this appliance to prevent food from going bad and to store food for a longer period of time. A fridge works by taking away heat from the air inside the fridge. This process requires electricity to work. These coolers also allow people to buy food and drinks in bulk thereby helping to save money. Refrigerators are important for the following reasons;
• They are used for keeping the textures of certain foods intact. We definitely need refrigerators for foods like ice cream, smoothies, etc
• They help make life much easier as people do not have to cook every day. For example, a busy person just needs to shove some cooked food in the fridge and bring out a plate, heat it up in the microwave then eat.
• They are a very reliable method of preserving food
• The temperature of food is capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria
To maintain your refrigerator, you have to clean it occasionally. This should be one of the key areas you focus on whenever you do your house cleaning. We say this because your refrigerator houses your raw food, cooked food, water, drinks, and even condiments. To lower the risks of food poisoning, this appliance should be kept clean.
• Before cleaning, turn off the power supply of the refrigerator and remove the plug from the socket.
• Remove all items from the refrigerator.
• Remove all drawers and shelves then soak them in warm water which you have mixed with dishwashing soap.
• Get a clean kitchen napkin, a bowl of clean warm water which you have already mixed with a little dishwashing liquid. Wet the napkin and use it to wipe the interior of the fridge.
• Use a sponge to clean out any stubborn stains.
• Once cleaned, leave your fridge open till it dries out.
• Put back the good food into the fridge.
• Clean the exterior of the fridge.
• Turn your appliance back on.
• Regularly check through the items in the refrigerator. Make sure to throw out any product that is out of date, products that smell bad, moldy food and other food items which you are not sure of.
• Spilled food and drinks in the fridge can cause a bad smell. They can also aid the growth and spread of bacteria. Therefore, make sure to clean up any spills as soon as possible.
• Never use disinfectants when cleaning the inside of your fridge. These are chemical products and when they come in contact with food, you could get ill from eating the food.
• To get rid of nasty smells in the refrigerator, first of all take out all spoiled food items, clean up the fridge and you could put in a plastic box filled with baking soda or charcoal to absorb strong odours.
Jumia offers a variety of refrigerators and refrigerator parts from various brands such as LG, Haier Thermocool, GE and many others. You can select any refrigerator of your choice be it small fridges or bigger fridges. Get all your household appliances at affordable rates. Shop now and pay cash on delivery.